Production Coordinator 2
This position is responsible for supervising and coordinating all activities of the manufacturing functions across multiple shift operations with primary emphasis on: assuring the efficient utilization of equipment and manpower to maintain production schedules, producing a quality product in a safe manner; coordinating production to meet production control schedules and maintain continuous flow of production; and implementing the necessary maintenance of equipment to ensure continuous production on an assigned shift.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Plan area work and production for the shift to ensure key performance indicators are consistently met for the area as well as the department.
2. Insure associates have the needed raw materials, instructions, machine availability, and training to meet production requirements.
3. Observe associates for safety adherence, efficiency, overall production performance, following instructions and procedures to reduce scrap usage and waste. Evaluate process, work performance on each associate, and make recommendations.
4. Keep records during each shift on attendance, absence, call-ins, and overtime schedule and accurately approve associate time in Kronos on a daily basis.
5. Handle the first step grievances within assigned shift in accordance established policy.
6. Support and uphold our company policies and core values.
7. Perform other tasks that are reasonable to the job as requested by Direct Management.
1. A results driven individual who has demonstrated ability working in a high performance manufacturing environment.
2. Proven leadership experience with an emphasis on driving continuous improvement in a manufacturing management environment.
3. Must have good attention to detail while managing the big picture to meet consistently key performance indicators.
4. Must be able to manage multiple, complex tasks and deal easily with pressure on a day in and day out basis.
5. Must be able to motivate, coach and communicate with team members to meet set expectations.
6. Critical thinker, with excellent analytical abilities.
7. Good written and oral communication skills.
8. Solid planning, leadership, computer and administrative skills.
9. High energy, demonstrates urgency and fast pace.
10. Good understanding of business principles and practices; functions as a change agent who can effectively manage manufacturing to achieve positive bottom line results.
11. Must have the flexibility to work 12 hour shifts to support a continuous operation.
12. Must exemplify our values of caring, safety, integrity, customer-driven, aspire to the extraordinary and teamwork.
1. 4+ years supervisory experience in a manufacturing setting preferably in a union environment.
2. Cable and wire experience.
3. Strong project management skills.
4. Supervision experience in a team based environment.
Bachelors degree in a related field preferred.